22 Heroes to Zero is a human crowdfunding campaign to COMBAT Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
A campaign to help Veterans suffering with PTSD to seek help and to defeat an illness that is taking the lives of 20 plus Veterans a day.
100% of the net profits of our sponsor organization, Coffee Vets, go to 22 organizations on the front lines, battling PTSD.
- Short-term Mission: To raise 220K in 51 days (Nov 11 – Dec 31)
- Long-term Mission: To defeat PTSD and to encourage Veterans to seek help; and to get the best care possible … to get the number of taken lives per day, to ZERO!
Kip Nicely Campaign Chair & Veteran
- 1976 Graduated from U.S. Naval Academy (Annapolis); commissioned an Ensign in the U.S. Navy
- 1978 – 1981: Flew 2800 hours in Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron ONE (VQ-1) throughout the Pacific and Indian Ocean regions in EA-3 and EP-3 aircraft. Promoted to Lieutenant (LT).
- 1981 – 1985: Flew “Cast Glance” optical tracking flights for the first 8 Space Shuttle missions. Promoted to Lieutenant Commander.
- 1981 – 1985: Served as Military Liaison (West Coast Operations) for President Ronald Reagan.
- 1985 – 2003: Served in a wide range of duties, including one tour as the Executive Officer, and two tours as the Commanding Officer in the Naval Air Systems Command. Promoted to Commander and then promoted to Captain, retiring in 2003